A note from the Exeter Run Club on COVID-19:
According to the CDC the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Until further notice, the club events are being suspended. If you choose to run at the locations and times as previously scheduled events, please note that you are doing this as a personal group and not as part of an ERC event. We recommend that any group activities practice proper social distancing and follow the below CDC recommendations:
“The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person:
* Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
* Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
* Older adults and people who have severe underlying chronic medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness.
Take Steps to Protect Yourself:
* Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
* If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Please consult with your health care provider about additional steps you may be able to take to protect yourself.”
Stay safe out there! 💙
Exeter Run Club Membership